Thank you for taking an interest in me and my background. You may have gotten here from a keyword match. Here are some answers to common questions I get.
What’s your current situation?
I’m open to a new role.
What’s my ideal role?
- Writing and editing online documentation and training. Creating support knowledgebases and leading support on products.
- Working with Flare, Camtasia, Jekyll, and Atlassian tools.
- A permanent or contract position.
- Working in an agile environment using best practices for development and documentation.
- Documentation is a partner and part of the development effort.
- UI/UX is important and necessary
- Tell me about your collaboration, how you maintain quality. How do you keep the team learning, growing, and engaged?
What tools do you use?
I use Madcap Flare, MkDocs, and Jekyll for online documentation. For training, Camtasia videos are a great tool. I also use Microsoft Office (doesn’t everyone?), Git, and Visual Studio Code.
How many years experience do you have?
A lot! Check my resume and my About Me page.
I don’t talk salary until I know what the position is and what your expectations are. I’m sure you have a range for the position. Let’s get to know each other first!
Are you willing to relocate?
Are you willing to work remotely?
Absolutely! I’ve got the internet bandwidth and the equipment for it. And I can make occasional visits to the work site.
Where are you located?
I live in the Burlington, Vermont area. I commute a few days a week to Waterbury, which is about 25 miles away. The rest of the time I telecommute. Anywhere within 40 miles is a good range, but I don’t want to commute across Lake Champlain.
Your skills look like a great match for this position we have. Can we have a quick five minute phone call to chat?
You are welcome to my phone number to call but I won’t answer it unless we’ve previously made an appointment or if I recognise your number. I’ve already tried to answer some of the most basic questions on this site.
Email is a great way to contact me. If we are both still interested in the situation after that, we can talk on the phone or Skype.
Want me to know you have spent more than the three seconds nearly all recruiters spend on this page? In your email mention the serial comma and you will have my attention and gratitude.
Do you have a notice period?
Are you available for an interview?
I can interview on the telephone, Skype, or Google Hangouts with short notice.